We are convinced that God’s way is a way of blessing, and that God’s answers to life’s questions are the answers which really work. We readily admit that our understanding of the Bible is not perfect, and we fail in our practice because we are sinners, but we are committed to helping one another learn more and put what we learn into better practice. Although we have a specific doctrinal position in the Westminster Confession of Faith, our church does not require that every member agree with every point of that statement, or with everything in our form of government. We do believe, however, that there are certain fundamental beliefs and essential practical commitments which should be agreed to and maintained by each person who claims the title Christian.
We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
More information about our beliefs can be found at the following links: